All of Tableau's products are Unicode-enabled and compatible with data stored in any language. The user interface and supporting documentation are in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
All of Tableau's products operate in virtual environments when they are configured with the proper underlying Windows operating system and minimum hardware requirements. These virtual solutions include Citrix environments, Parallels, Microsoft Virtual PC, and VMware.
- Connects to all Tableau supported data sources, including relational databases, multi-dimensional databases, Hadoop, cloud data, and desktop files
- Connects to Tableau Server for web-based analytics
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, or Windows® XP; or Windows® Server 2012, 2008, or 2003
- 250 megabytes minimum free disk space
- 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows**
- 32-bit color depth recommended
- Note: Internet Explorer 6 is not supported.