- Android Browser (Android 3.2 or later)
- Apple Safari 3.x or later, including Safari on the iPad (iOS 4.3.3 or later)
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 3.x or later
- Google Chrome
- Tableau Mobile iPad and Android Apps, available at the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, respectively
- All the same data sources as Tableau Desktop. See list here.
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2012, 2008, 2008 R2, 2003 SP1 or higher; Windows® 8 or 7 on x86 or x64 chipsets (see Note 1)
- 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows (see Note 2)
- Minimum of a Pentium 4 or AMD Opteron processor (see Note 3)
- 32-bit color depth recommended
- Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4)
- Very small deployments (i.e. proof-of-concepts or initial evaluations, 1-2 users)
- Dual-core, 2.0 GHz or higher minimum recommended CPU
- 4 gigabytes minimum system memory
- 1.5 gigabytes minimum free disk space
- Small deployments (i.e. less than 25 users)
- Quad-core, 2.0 GHz or higher minimum recommended CPU
- 8 gigabytes minimum system memory
- 5 gigabytes minimum free disk space
- Medium deployments (i.e. less than 100 users)
- Two Quad-core, 2.0 GHz or higher minimum recommended CPU
- 32 gigabytes minimum system memory
- 50 gigabytes minimum free disk space
- Enterprise deployments
- Contact Tableau for sizing and technical guidance
User Authentication and Security
- Supports Microsoft Active Directory, in addition to the built-in Tableau user system, for user authentication and group membership definitions.
- Citrix environments, Microsoft Virtual PC, Parallels, and VMware
- All of Tableau’s products operate in virtualized environments when they are configured with the proper underlying Windows operating system and minimum hardware requirements.
- All of Tableau’s products are Unicode-enabled and compatible with data stored in any language. The user interface and supporting documentation of Tableau Server are in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese.
Price: Contact us for more information
- Before installing Tableau Server on your Microsoft® Windows® 7 or Windows®8 desktop, Tableau recommends that you consult any applicable license agreements that may restrict or otherwise limit your ability to install server applications on your desktop operating system. Tableau Server is not supported on Windows 7 Home editions.
- Tableau has been tested and is supported on 64-bit Windows versions. Tableau is a 32-bit application and does require 32-bit versions of the database drivers, even when running on 64-bit versions of Windows.
- Tableau products require your computer to have at least a Pentium 4 (released in 2001) or AMD Opteron (released in 2003) processor. These are the first processors which include the SSE2 instruction set which Tableau requires.