All of Tableau’s products are Unicode-enabled and compatible with data stored in any language. The user interface and supporting documentation are in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
All of Tableau’s products operate in virtualized environments when they are configured with the proper underlying Windows operating system and minimum hardware requirements. These virtual solutions include Citrix environments, Parallels, Microsoft Virtual PC, and VMware.
Full System Requirements:
- Works with any workbook created by Tableau Professional
- Connects to all Tableau supported data sources, including relational databases, multi-dimensional databases, and desktop files
- Delivered as a complete solution, no other prerequisite software required
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2012, 2008, 2008 R2, 2003 sp1 or higher; or Windows® 8* or Windows® 7*
- 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows**
- 32-bit color depth recommended
*Before installing Tableau Server on your Microsoft® Windows® 7 or Windows®8 desktop, Tableau recommends that you consult any applicable license agreements that may restrict or otherwise limit your ability to install server applications on your desktop operating system. Tableau Server is not supported on Windows 7 Home editions.
**Tableau has been tested and is supported on 64-bit Windows versions. Tableau is a 32-bit application and does require 32-bit versions of the database drivers, even when running on 64-bit versions of Windows.
Machine configurations are minimum recommended guidelines. Actual hardware configurations required will vary depending on user load, data volumes, visual complexity, and other factors.